[TW: eye trauma, hand trauma, body horror, ommetaphobia]
[The noise in your kitchen]
Okay so I’m definitely planning on going to Anime Blues Con and I need cosplay ideas! I’ve got a few ideas for ones that would be really easy (like Amy Pond and Maggey Byrde) but I’d like to have at least one that’s a little more challenging and impressive.
If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears. Even if you have no idea if I like a thing, tell me anyway. I’ve actually read/watched/played a lot of things just because I was originally interested in learning about a character for a potential cosplay.
(I also have a really awesome really short friend I like to cosplay with, so suggestions for pairs with height differences are always appreciated as well.)
(Winter is a good time for melodramatic insect metaphors I think.
Please full view if you like it. There’s a ton of detail lost to Tumblr compression)
Can I just move into this hotel room instead?
1. Minimal threat of electric fire
2. No burning electric smell
3. Completely uninfested with fruit flies
4. M&Ms in walking distance 24 hours a day
So my apartment has become something of an electric deathtrap so I ended up checking into the hotel I work at for two of my off days.
This has been a really surreal and confusing experience.
(A post that was somewhat delayed do to our apartment’s unfortunate decision to give up electricity for the New Year)
1. Study drawing anatomy more. (For my “relatively easy art goal” of the year, I’m just going to make sure I dedicate some time to studying anatomy. It would be really easy to let this slip now that I’m not in school. but I need to make an effort for keep up my life drawing and stuff. Gotta stay serious about drawing naked people!)
2. Watch 40 movies I’ve never seen before. (Just because I failed last year doesn’t mean I shouldn’t try again.)
3. Read 30 books I’ve never read before. (Hopefully this one won’t fail again either.Though I need to make a trip to the used book store because I’m running pretty low on good material. Let me know if you have any suggestions, anyone.)
4. Post at least one comic, of some kind, online every single month. (Yeah basically I’m ripping off pretty much my entire list from last year. However, this one has a new condition…) At least half of these months must include comics with more than one page/strip. (Because if at once you don’t succeed, raise the difficulty settings and try again.)
5. Be more social online. (I’m really bad about just quietly lurking and not making any online friends. This year I’m going to try and branch out a little. Send a message. Learn a Skype or send a twitter or however it is you kids talk on the forumchats these days. This is where ~*reader participation*~ is encouraged. If you’re an internet stranger and want to be less of an internet stranger, feel free to do my shy self a favor and send me an ask every once in a while or something.)
Last year I made these resolutions (ignoring the fact that that particular side blog was abandoned later that year). Accountability for my resolutions is pretty important to me, so let’s see how those turned out:
So I thought I’d miss all the festivities this year because I was scheduled to work at my hotel until midnight tonight. I was kind of bummed, to be sure, but after you have to work through Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day New Year’s doesn’t seem like that big of a deal in comparison.
I was not expecting tonight.
Lana Skye: The Chief Prosecutor
This is agony
But it’s still a thrill for me
This could end in tragedy
things to say to bugs when science finally unlocks the secrets of human-bug communication:
- im not hurting you i am taking you to a safe place
- do you eat weird crumbs cause i found some im willing to share
- you can bite me if you want but id rather be no-bite friends
- i like your big colorful eyes, very stylish
- please dont crawl into my sleeves
- (sings a duet with a cricket)